For this week’s exercise we have a fun one that replicates the same full body ballistic movements that recruit fast twitch muscles for the purpose of golf. The battle rope is a great tool because it is a training aid that improves balance and coordination for any person that struggles with weight shift issues in the swing. Whether you are just starting out, recovering from an injury, or you joint problems, there is a battle rope routine that can benefit you without pain or discomfort because of how low impact it is. You can use these ropes for a variety of exercises and workouts, including high-intensity interval training. With battle rope exercises, you may increase your cardio capacity, burn more calories, and boost your mental focus. The best way to utilize this form of exercise is to do so with HIIT training which is a high intensity interval training.
- Take an end of the battle rope in each hand, then bring your hands together. Keep the ropes at core height.
- Keep a slight bend in your knees and keep your core braced.
- In one motion, forcefully swing the ropes to the left while allowing your hips to turn and knees slightly bent.
- Reverse the motion, bringing the ropes to the right.
- Continue swinging the ropes side to side while maintaining a tight and braced stance.
- 20-30 seconds of work (90-120 seconds of rest)
- 4-5 sets
- 2-3 times per week
Have a great week!