This week my boyfriend and I decided to play around with a new salad recipe. We don’t typically “follow” recipes, we like to make them up ourselves which makes cooking a lot of fun! I highly recommended playing around with your own recipes at home… cooking is meant to be enjoyable and creative! We love salads, they are healthy, made with fresh ingredients, and you can customize them with whatever you like; a lot of us don’t realize how versatile a salad can be!
This week we made a simple steak salad with a base of boston lettuce, some thinly sliced red onion, cherry tomatoes, and some feta cheese. The dressing is what really makes this salad and it is super simple; all you need is sour cream or cream cheese and a can of chipotle pepper sauce.
- Boston lettuce
- Your preferred cut of steak (we used
- Red onion
- Feta cheese (goat & sheep milk)
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of sour cream or cream cheese (using cream cheese will make the dressing much thicker)
- 1/4 cup of chipotle pepper sauce
- Wash and cut all of your veggies for the salad.
- Prepare your dressing by combining your sour cream or cream cheese with the chipotle pepper sauce.
- Cook the streak to your preferred temperature.
- Once your steak is done cooking, let it rest for 5-10 mins
- Slice your steak and lay on top of the bed of lettuce and veggies.
- Top with crumbled feta
I hope you guys enjoy!