This week we celebrated Munashe’s birthday and he requested a sweet potato salad as a side dish to his famous brisket and of course I was more than happy to make this for him!
I found a super easy recipe and tweaked it a little bit to our liking. Sweet potatoes are an amazing nutritious vegetable and a slightly healthier alternative to regular potatoes. We like to celebrate birthdays with delicious but healthy food!
– 5 peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
– 1/2 cup of bacon bits
– 3 green onions
– 2 tbls olive oil
– 2 tbls rice vinegar
– 1 tbls whole grain mustard
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1 diced jalapeño
– Salt & Pepper
– Boil your cubed sweet potatoes until they are fork tender, drain and rise immediately with cold water and set aside.
– Prepare your vinaigrette while the potatoes are boiling
– Combine all the ingredients in a bowl & it is ready to serve