As summer is approaching I know a lot of us are craving more fresh, light, healthy salads and I have the perfect recipe for you! the best part about salads is that you can customize it to your liking without having to follow a specific recipe! Have fun and don’t take it too seriously! Food is suppose to be fun!
For the Salad Base:
- Spring Mix
- Shallots (thinly sliced)
- Cherry Tomatos
- Olives (thinly sliced)
- Goat Feta
- Sauté your shrimp in your favourite seasonings until they turn a light pink colour.
- 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (freshly squeezed)
- 1 Garlic Clove
Hope you all enjoy!
I have the easiest and most delicious fall soup this week! It is super healthy, filling and will warm you up on these cool fall days!
- Peel and cube 1 medium size butternut squash
- Cut up 1 head of cauliflower into similar size pieces as the butternut squash
- Add everything to a bowl with 3 cloves of garlic and 4 shallots (cut into quarters)
- Season your veggies with salt, rosemary, and olive oil (to your taste)
- Place everything onto a baking tray and smoke or roast your veggies until they are fork tender (about 45 mins)
- Add 1 carton of vegetable stock (or chicken stock) to a big pot at medium heat & add all the cooked veggies
- Let everything simmer for 10 mins and remove from heat
- Blend everything together until smooth with a hand blender
- Add 1/2 of canned coconut milk
This recipe is honestly so easy and makes you feel all warm and cozy on the cooler fall days! And it is absolutely guilt free and nutritious!