As a full time golfer it is important that I fuel my body with healthy and nutritious ingredients! However, it is hard to find the right snacks and lunches to bring out on the golf course because you need something quick and easy to eat between holes when you are playing a full round of 18 holes.
Let’s face it, pasta salads are the perfect fit for this…. but they are not nutritious when made with regular pasta and dressings that have sugar and full fat mayonnaise. I was trying to hard to figure out how to make a healthier version and finally came up with the idea of using Konjac Risoni as the substitute and wow… I am so pleased with how this turned out. You would never know that it wasn’t pasta!
You can take this out on the golf course with you so easily, just make sure you have a Tupperware container and a lunch box to keep it cool.
Here’s how I made it:
– 2 packs of “nuPasta” Konjac Risoni (drain the packs and rinse well with cold water)
– 2 mini cucumbers (diced)
– 8-10 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
– Diced green olives (to taste)
– 1 bell pepper (I like yellow or orange bell peppers for this)
– 1/4 red onion (finely diced)
– 1 lemon
– 1/4 cup of keto mayonnaise
– 1-2 tsp whole grain mustard
– 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
– salt & pepper
Mix everything together and you can serve it right away or refrigerate over night to let everything marinate. This is our new favourite lunch to bring with us to the golf course!